Saturday, September 6, 2008

Volver!!!


Last night I sat in front of my television with my soft ginger cookies and a glass of milk (rice) hoping to be excited by Volver with Penelope Cruz. I was not disappointed!!!! I was so captured by the passion of the film that I had eaten almost the whole pack of cookies (12) before I realized it.
Volver is directed by the famous Pedro Almodovar. I love his movies because they are definitely seen through a different set of eyes than the rest of the world. I will also watch anything with Penelope Cruz, such a great actress!! This movie portrays 5 women's lives. Two sisters, a mother, a grandaughter and a neighbor. The complicated lives that they are living are eased with such passion and simplicity because of secrets which are revealed slowly as to keep one on the edge of their seat waiting for the truth to be told. The biggest secret of all is a huge surprise. Very touching and poignant. Definitely worth the watch, especially by yourself with a dozen cookies and a glass of milk! Angelo

No comments: