Sunday, June 8, 2008

Somebody's Watching Me


I don't know about you but I feel like there is always someone watching me when I either use a credit card, my cell phone, give out a zip code at the Target, and anywhere else we might use our personal data for "security" purposes. I feel as if the government knows EVERYTHING about me, yeah, right down to when I go to the toilet because I told the person I was speaking with online "brb, I have to go pee".

THAT is scary to me!! Why do we let ourselves get caught up in the number system? A lot of us just are too tired to think about it but we ARE being scrutinized on a daily basis. We go to the store to purchase a bracket for a shelf, we stand in line WAITING and just so we speed up the process, blurt out our zip code or phone number to the cashier when she, like a robot, asks for it. Next time you are in line tell them "I would rather not", if they give you some flimsy excuse like "we need it for security reasons" or "it speeds up your return" tell them no anyway. I know I feel better that one less person is doing the "nosy rosy" routine on me!

Angelo

No comments: